Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Godfather: Part II

There is a Blockbuster’s worth of "classic" movies I haven't seen, and a record store’s worth of "classic" albums. Thankfully I now have Netflix, and BitTorrent. I am attempting to fill in those gaps. Please do not leave comments saying "zomg, i can't believe u haven't seen/heard _____." Please do send suggestions.

The Godfather: Part II

Off the top of my head, these are the movie sequels I prefer to the original:

Major League II

Bourne Ultimatum

X-Men II

The Dark Knight

Ghostbusters II

Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade

I'm not sure where I stand on the related Godfather Parts I and II debate. The good news is they're both even better than advertised - few "classics" actually exceed the hype. It sort of comes down to whether or not you like the De Niro flashbacks. I do, but not as much as I miss Brando's growl.

Reeves Wiedeman

0 comments :